Join our Team
AirSuite offers interesting and exciting opportunities that combine the software development and aviation industries. If you are pursuing a challenging yet rewarding career and meet the qualifications listed in the postings below, we want to hear from you.
Intermediate Front End Developer
Are you interested in joining a fast-growing tech company with a flexible, modern approach to the workplace? Have 3-5 years of experience building Vue.js applications?
Our product, Cirro, is a flight operations management software system. We’re an Electronic Flight Bag customized for flight operations managers and their entire fleets, used for all aspects of flight planning, scheduling, compliance, and safety. Most helicopter companies across Canada are currently flying with Cirro, which has led to our expansion at our head office here in Thunder Bay.
You’ll work closely with our team of developers, customer technical support and quality assurance to fix issues, improve performance, build new features and port our old jQuery interface to Vue.js.
To be considered for this position, please demonstrate that you:
• are legally allowed to work full-time in Canada;
• work expertly in Vue.js 2.x;
• know how to work with Vuex.
• have a working knowledge of GIT SCM;
• give and take constructive criticism graciously;
• are confident making suggestions to evolve our technology and design, and;
• are a skilled interface designer and quick at building mock-ups based on amateur descriptions.
We prefer applicants with:
• experience working with jQuery;
• experience working with Laravel, PHP, and MySQL;
• show aptitude for graphic design in their application document and/or attach a portfolio, and;
• language knowledge other than English;
• are willing to move to, or who presently reside in Thunder Bay, Ontario.
You will be working with CSS, HTML, SASS, Vue.js and a fair bit of jQuery on the client side. Some tasks may also require you to write some PHP. We are not settled on any graphic design software, so whether you prefer to work with open-source software, Adobe Creative Suite, or the Affinity Collection, what’s most important is that you are proficient and comfortable with your tool of choice.
• Salary ranging between 70k-90k to commensurate with your skill and experience level.
• 35h per week.
• Health plan with 80% coverage on Medical, Dental and Vision.
• 20 days paid vacation per year.
We’re a fast-growing tech company, with a head office in Thunder Bay. As an equal-opportunity employer, know diverse teams build better products. We are committed to the prosperity of our northern community which is why we give preference to local applicants first, but we are equally open to a remote work model. As such, we will incentivize successful applicants to move to (or stay in) Thunder Bay, Ontario.
AirSuite has a centrally located office at 1205 Amber Drive in Thunder Bay for in-person meetings and those who prefer in-office or hybrid work opportunities. To apply, or for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Bilingual Technical Support
If the answer is yes, you’d be a great fit for our team.
Tech Support at AirSuite is much more than trouble shooting, we are looking for someone friendly, and professional who is willing to build healthy, responsive relationships with Canadian and Francophone fixed wing and helicopter clients.
Cirro by AirSuite, is a flight operations management software system. Essentially, we’re an Electronic Flight Bag customized for flight operations managers and their entire fleets, used for all aspects of flight planning, scheduling, compliance, and safety. Our software works on all devices in an app format, available on PC, iOS, and Android. Companies across Canada are currently flying with Cirro, which is why we’re expanding right here in Thunder Bay.
• Perform product demonstrations to prospective clients, tailored to their needs.
• Conduct new account setups.
• Provide training on new accounts, most often online, with some on-site support.
• Deliver professional support for all users by email and phone.
• Be a client liaison to the development team, clearly communicating bugs and feature requests.
• Perform quality assurance on newly developed features or bug fixes prior to release.
• Work 40 hours per week.
The ideal candidate is:
• interested in aviation for example, experience as a licensed pilot, engineer, scheduler, dispatcher, flight attendant, aviation student, or flight service representative. This is not a flying role, but any ability to “talk the talk” means you have an advantage;
• fluent in French and English, air-suite.com
• knowledgeable and understanding of client needs,
• experienced working with iOS and Android devices;
• skilled in Microsoft Excel. (Optional)
You’ll stand out if you have:
• some knowledge of aviation regulations,
• a resident of Thunder Bay or willing to relocate here,
• experience with customer service, quality assurance testing, or product support;
• understand basic development, JSON format strings (optional),
• an understanding of GitHub (optional),
• ability to travel within Canada (once or twice annually).
• Salary range of CAD $50k-$60k to commensurate with your skill level and experience.
• Company health benefit plan with 80% coverage on medical, dental and vision.
• 15 days of paid vacation per year.
• A team of friendly technical support staff and mentors to work with.
We’re a fast-growing tech company, with a head office in Thunder Bay backed by a team of local professional developers. We’re an equal-opportunity employer and our environment is young and friendly. Our priority is to hire local—any starting position here is an opportunity to advance.
AirSuite has a bright, spacious, centrally located office at 1205 Amber Drive in Thunder Bay. Incentives to relocate to Thunder Bay are available. To apply, please send your CV and a one-page cover letter to email@example.com. Please clearly indicate that you are applying for the “Bilingual Tech Support” position on your cover letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.